Re: Total frustration with 8.1.5

From: Stefan Morrow <resissjm_at_onvol.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 16:33:42 +0200

If the version is Personal Oracle then there is a setting in teh registry which you need to change in order for
the listener to start. I cannot remember exactly where, but I'm sure you will find it when going through the Oracle Registry Settings. There should be a Listener option. I'm not sure (again) wether the parameter should be AUTO or START.

Then restart the machine.

Stefan

Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:thh4r2oodhpt59_at_beta-news.demon.nl...

> "Daniel A. Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message
> > PASCOELEE wrote:
> >
> > > I am try to load 8.1.5 personal onto a win98 athlon 850 128 meg
 machine
> > > no avail. I have cleaned the registry more times than I can count set
 up
> > > numerous new homes etc
> > > I keep getting no listener when I try to connect to the DB also all
 the
 connect
> > > tests fail.
> > > I have used the various net8 configuration options but still cannot
 connect or
> > > use my database.
> > > If anyone can help i would be very gratefull,
> > >
> > > Many thanks,
> > >
> > > Lee.
> >
> > Have you verified that the version of Oracle you have is compatible with
 Win98?