Oracle rollback segment

From: Anshumn <anshumn.sagar_at_wipro.com>
Date: 2 Jun 2001 02:42:21 -0700

Hi,

Need some input regarding Oracle Rollback Segment.

Due to the Rollback segment size restriction, the deletion of the records is failing. Now one way to solve this is to increase the size of
the rollback segment.
The other way is to use 'TRUNCATE' to delete the records. But in my case, I want to delete specific records based on the specified condition. So can some condition be used with the TRUNCATE clause? I checked it up, it is not allowing...any other way to do it ?

If I don't increase the size of the segment, then I want to delete records and do an intermediate commit after every 5000 records. Any suggestions how to do it ?

Also please let me know how to increase the size of the rollback segment.(This is the last option)

Regards,
Anshumn Received on Sat Jun 02 2001 - 04:42:21 CDT