Newbie connection question

From: Chuck Gardner <cgardner_at_san.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2001 19:42:42 GMT

How does one determine the Server Name on a Personal Edition 8.1.5 installation on Win98? I can connect with Sql Plus, but the installation programs established whatever the server name. The target of the SQL Plus shortcut is
c:\orant\bin\SQLPLUSW.exe.

In trying to connect from the Borland Database Engine, I'm getting the error ORA-01041 -Hostdef extension doesn't exist, and I'm thinking that this has to do with the server name.
Thanks for any help.
... Chuck Gardner Received on Sat Jun 02 2001 - 14:42:42 CDT