Problems installing SAMS: Alexandria

From: Daniel <dgonzalez_at_sia.es>
Date: 1 Jun 2001 02:30:09 -0700

I have some problems installing SAMS: Alexandria.

I'm trying to install SAMS: Alexandria 4.50.68 in a Solaris 8 Intel. I have a HP DAT tape device connected to a SCSI adapter (target 5, LUN 0) and i haven't got any automated tape library.

I think that i must configure a SCSI passthrought driver to install a Stand-alone library because i donĀ“t have any library connected to a serial port, neither a SSCL interface.

After the failed Alexandrias installation i try to run slpt_install script and it adds the driver to the kernel (/usr/kernel/drv/slpt.conf), but it can't attach to /dev and /device. How can i make it?

Thanks in advance:
Daniel Gonzalez Received on Fri Jun 01 2001 - 04:30:09 CDT