Re: Co-operative FAQ : Call for questions

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 10:05:28 +0100

This is one of two independent suggestions I've had that the FAQ could be hosted on an 'oracle.com' domain.

I could forsee a couple of problems with updating pages etc. and there is the odd conflict of interest between a FAQ and
the extensive library of tech notes on Metalink.

I think it would be a nice idea, though, if Oracle Corp. would ring-fence a bit of their domain to host the FAQ, and supply an anonymous
search facility which started with the FAQ, but the allowed a registered OTN or Metalink user to widen the search into the technet library.

Any thoughts from other readers ?

--
Jonathan Lewis

Practical Oracle 8i:  Building Efficient Databases
Publishers:  Addison-Wesley

Reviews at: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/book_rev.html