Saving and Retrieving BLOBs

From: Mark Wallace <SpaM*_at_no.spam.man>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 17:54:51 +0100

I am using VB 6.0 to save a binary file to a blob column on the database. Using AppendChunk to save and GetChunk to retrieve.

All works ok and the binary file is saved successfully to the database. I can also retrieve the file with no problems. Except for ....!!!

When I retrieve the file from the database and write it back to the Operating System again it is now a couple of bytes bigger than it was originally?

Any reason for this.

So far the file seems to be accessible as normal, but I am still worried as to why it is a different size.

Writing to Win NT 4.0 Operating system.

Thanks
Mark Received on Thu May 31 2001 - 11:54:51 CDT