Execute Immediate help

From: Phil Shields <pshields_at_klmicrowave.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 22:20:36 -0400

I am trying to use a generic method to call procedures from a procedure. All of the procedures have 3 out variables, 1 IN OUT and the word 'DO' as an IN variable. Below is an example of a procedure I would like to call

Customer_Info_Api.New__ (info_, objid_,objversion_, attr, 'DO');

The first 3 variables have no value (they are out variables), the procedure creates a value for the variable attr.
How can I use Execute Immediate to allow me to use a variable for the procedure name. I have tried several things and nothing works. I have tried

api := 'Customer_Infor_Api.New__'
attr := 'long text to pass to procedure';

plsql := 'Begin'||api||'(info_,objid_,objversion_,'||attr||',DO); END;'; Execute Immediate plsql;

I seem to be having troubles because some of the variables are out variables. Does anyone have a suggestion. Thanks
Phil Received on Thu May 31 2001 - 21:20:36 CDT