Re: db cache with IIS application

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 14:37:48 +0100

I have some problems understanding exactly what you are asking, but then your English is a million times better than my italian <G>. However when the Oracle caches become full all that will happen is that the least recently used bit of SQL will be aged out.

Actually a common approach in the web age is to look at the library cache hit ratio, see that it is poor and so increase shared pool size. Whilst this is normally a good thing in the sort of application you describe all that is being done is to increase the amount of parsed queries Oracle has to search through before failing to find a match and then generate a new query plan.

So no you won't get a crash, just poor performance.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA