Estimating Oracle Spatial Database size

From: Chandan D. <cd_at_aurovision.com>
Date: 30 May 2001 23:01:50 -0700

Hi All!
According to the algorithm given to calculate the size of spatial database, suppose i am having a table with column of GID(Primary key) and SDO_GEOMETRY, then the estimation will be:

1) For GID : 3 bytes plus 1 byte for every two numeric places.
2) For SDO_GTYPE : 3 bytes plus 1 byte for every two numeric places.
3) For SDO_SRID : 1 byte is NULL, or 3 bytes plus 1 byte for every two
numeric places.
.
.
.
. and so on..

Do any one know why we require first 3 bytes.And also How much space is required if i m having a column with datatype VARCHAR2 ? Please help me. I want to know how oracle database are stored? Thanks.
Chandan D. Received on Thu May 31 2001 - 01:01:50 CDT