disabling foreign keys

From: Peter Morris <no_spam.ple_at_se.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 13:05:15 +0100

I want to write a script that disables all foreign keys at once. I have tried the following

update

    user_constraints
set

    status = 'DISABLED'
where

    constraint_name like 'ITX%FK_' ;

(all foreign key names follow a regular pattern) This produces an error message : insufficient privileges.

I think the problem is that I have insufficient priveliges set to do this. Our sysadmin says that it can't be done at all. Is he right? If so, is there any other way of doing it?

--