Raw devices transferrable from NT to Unix?

From: Kipp Koenig <kkoenig_at_lavastorm.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 13:37:47 -0400

Does anyone know if datafiles implemented as raw devices can be unplugged from an NT platform (or Win2K) and then re-attached to a Sparc? This sounds crazy to me, but is nonetheless of interest as we're trying to plan the least expensive path that starts with a MS implementation and, approximately 12 months from now, is transferred to Sparc. Received on Wed May 30 2001 - 12:37:47 CDT