Re: Can't create view

From: Jan Schaefer <schaefer_at_kksl.uni-leipzig.de>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 09:16:59 +0200

This makes sense when you give the rights to one or two persons. But here we have a lot of users that have to work with the tables and that want to create their own views on some tables. We want to grant them all rights with one grant. That's what I think roles are made for. If you see a role like a membership or a subscription then people can do anything with my tables as long as they are subscribed. If they no longer belong to the subscribers they lose all rights (lose the role). If I have to do direct grants the administration is to difficult. If they no longer belong to the 'subscribers' I have also to look at all direct grants.

I think Oracle has to work on that role concept...

So long,

Jan