Re: Oracle 73 and Windows 2000

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 00:30:19 +0200

"IMAT S.A." <imatsa_at_telcel.net.ve> wrote in message news:2NUQ6.89$T3.126_at_news01.t-net.net.ve...
> I´m trying to install Oracle 7.3.3.0 on a Server runnig Windows 2000
 server?
> don´t get all the services installed and the database don´t work. I need
> some help on installing This configuration.
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> --
> Armando Di Francesco
> IMAT S.A.
> ramcilio_at_hotmail.com
>

> --
>
> IMAT S.A.
> imatsa_at_telcel.net.ve
> +58-241-833.84.45 (tel)
> +58-241-833.84.62 (fax)

I don't think this is ever going to work. Microsux sw has the habit of not being downwards compatible. For one thing when 7.3.3 was available Microsux provided winsock 1, with Win NT sp4 they all of a sudden switched to winsock 2, and Oracle 7.3.4 wasn't working anymore. Oracle 7.3.3 has been desupported quite a while ago, and even Oracle 7.3.4 has never been certified to run on Win2000. The first certified version is Oracle 8.1.6, which is desupported on October 31, and has been replaced by Oracle 8.1.7. So, even in the event you have a support contract with Oracle, I'm afraid they're not going to help you.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Tue May 29 2001 - 17:30:19 CDT