newbie - Win. ME and Per. Oracle8i or Lite?

From: drinkie <drinkwaterp_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 29 May 2001 07:02:58 -0700

Hi, got a new PC with winME on, and found that Personal Oracle 8i does not install. It keeps failing looking for a staging area! Read a lot of posts here and found that the concensus of opinion is that Personal 8i will not run on ME very well, if at all. As I am a relative newbie to Oracle, would Lite work, giving me the ability to use it as a study tool? Or would I be better looking at putting either 98SE or w2k on PC instead, and then running the personal Oracle version? What about a linux version? If so, what Linux,It appears I can get Oracle version through the technet site? (what Oracle verasion?) Sorry if this has been answered before!
All help appreciated
Paul Received on Tue May 29 2001 - 09:02:58 CDT