large multi-byte char column strategies

From: Todd <gdulli_at_zdnetmail.edu>
Date: 30 May 2001 00:24:18 GMT

   I've got a situation that must be common. In Oracle 8i, I have a column that has to support multi-byte character data over 4000 chars. I also need to search it occasionally. So:

   Generally, I'm looking for the best strategy for supporting a >4000 multi-byte char column while optimizing for the majority of values being smaller. Advice or pointers to literature would be appreciated.

   Thanks! - Todd (gdulli_at_zdnetmail.edu - change edu to com) Received on Tue May 29 2001 - 19:24:18 CDT