Re: Oracle Optimizer

From: Andreas Stephan <andreas.stephan.as_at_bayer-ag.de>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 14:43:47 +0200

Hi Mitch,

sure there is an overhead. But it´s relatively small in contrast to the normal fetch times of the data.
But keep in mind that not all "bad" parts can be rewritten. So it´s better to think first, then code
and then sit back and let the optimizer find the best (cheapest) way to get the data. Proper statistics
are needed to do this.

HTH
Andy

Mitch <dbaguru_at_hotmail.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 13df7fab.0105281946.780440c8_at_posting.google.com...