Printing problem in character mode with MSWIN1250 cp

From: Sandor Feher <sfeher_at_bluesystem.hu>
Date: 28 May 2001 05:43:33 -0700

Hi,

A co-worker of mine has a very annoying problem with a report. The mission is creating a report which could be run on a matrix printer
(e.g. epson 1170 , DFX-5000 or similar like these) and it must work well
with MSWIN1250 codepage. The main reason we have to do it is that our client uses a secret salary envelope which contains two pages with carbon paper and we have to write the salary list on it (I bespoke it's an HR application). This kind of paper needs some physical pressure to be readable all of two pages. He tried several method or workaround to solve it, unsuccessfuly. The internal convert function unusable for this, if he convert the chars before printing the report will be unreadable in the preview but in print seems ok. Oracle support suggested to set the printer to the appropriate codepage but I we have not found it (The printer has only PC852 pre-set codepage and the database based on MSWIN1250.). In graphical mode printing on the matrix printer is correct but very slow. The character mode is fast enough but unusable in this way. Any idea or suggestion would be appreciated..
(We use Report Builder 3.0.5.19.0 (Developer 2000))

ps: please drop a private mail too..: sfeher_at_bluesystem.hu

thanks and bye.,Sanya Received on Mon May 28 2001 - 07:43:33 CDT