Re: No Listener

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 07:06:17 -0700

PASCOELEE wrote:

> I am trying to install Personal Oracle 8.1.5 on windows 98 850 Athlon/128 Ram.
> when I try to connect to the db i get the message no listener.
> I have tried to configure the listenen via configuration assistant but without
> success.
> I am trying to connect via tcp/ip 127.0.0.1 with a sid of oracle.
> once I have got a connection I want to install developer 2000 I presure this
> will have to go in a separate Orahome?
> Would appreciate any suggestion in an idiots guide form to get the Listener
> working.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Lee Pascoe

Step one. Open a DOS (cmd) window and go to c:\oracle\ora81\bin.

Type: LSNRCTL STATUS

If the listener is not running type LSNRCTL START

Wait a few seconds and type LSNRCTL STATUS to see if it is up and running properly.

If you get an error message post with the complete message.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Mon May 28 2001 - 09:06:17 CDT