Column Questions

From: Dr. Mueller <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 20:22:45 GMT

Hello,

I'm seeking advice from experts on a few questions:

  1. Is there a naming convention for indexes and triggers? I've seen a few examples for indexes, people use K_ and PK_. Just wondered what you thought
  2. I want to create a DESCRIPTION column, which is a VARCHAR2(256). The problem is I want to search it at some point, is it considered an "OK" thing to create a non-unique index from this?

That's all.

Thank you. Received on Sun May 27 2001 - 15:22:45 CDT