Re: new newsgroup

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 19:33:39 -0700

Sybrand Bakker wrote:

> "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com> wrote in message
> > Tibor wrote in another thread
> >
> > "I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask this, I couldn't find an
> > OCP-only newsgroup (let me know if you know one). "
> >
> > This sounds like a reasonable idea to me comp.databases.oracle.ocp. what
 do
> > people think is it worth proposing?
> >

> > --
> >
> > Niall Litchfield
> > Oracle DBA
> > Audit Commission UK
> >

> NO
>
> Give the elite it's own newsgroup, eh?
> I think there is way much more knowledge in non-OCP members, than there is
> in OCP-members.
> People are known to have passed their OCP exam without any on-hand Oracle
> experience!
>
> Also, I believe this OCP newsgroup is going to be an *exact* duplication of
> the other three newsgroup.
>
> So, why not make a different proposal:
> get rid of the distinction between .server, .misc, and .tools
> The far majority of posters is already posting to *all* Oracle newsgroups.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

I'll throw my two shillings in too if I may. How about distinctions such as:

comp.databases.oracle.dba (for dba related issues)
comp.databases.oracle.dev (for developer issues)
comp.databases.oracle.new (for newbies, where we all try to be kinder and
gentler)
and of course
comp.databases.oracle.sqlserver (for people with SQL Server in their background who refuse to read a manual or book)

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Sat May 26 2001 - 21:33:39 CDT