Re: new newsgroup

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 19:37:56 +0200

"Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com> wrote in message news:3b0fdf8d$0$12244$cc9e4d1f_at_news.dial.pipex.com...
> Tibor wrote in another thread
>
> "I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask this, I couldn't find an
> OCP-only newsgroup (let me know if you know one). "
>
> This sounds like a reasonable idea to me comp.databases.oracle.ocp. what
 do
> people think is it worth proposing?
>

> --
>
> Niall Litchfield
> Oracle DBA
> Audit Commission UK

NO

Give the elite it's own newsgroup, eh?
I think there is way much more knowledge in non-OCP members, than there is in OCP-members.
People are known to have passed their OCP exam without any on-hand Oracle experience!

Also, I believe this OCP newsgroup is going to be an *exact* duplication of the other three newsgroup.

So, why not make a different proposal:
get rid of the distinction between .server, .misc, and .tools The far majority of posters is already posting to *all* Oracle newsgroups.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Sat May 26 2001 - 12:37:56 CDT