Re: Oracle OLE Providers Please Help

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 17:47:13 +0100

firstly have you got the following in place.

Web server - oracle client and OLEDB provider installed and sqlplus working? It is this machine that makes the connection to the db, not the client.

secondly

the data source should be the tnsnames alias for the database (which is not necessarily the same as the instance name.

thirdly,

You are well advised to patch the oracle database and the web server client to the latest version for your release of the database. I'd normally also recommend that you patch the web server to the latest MDAC from MS, however we might be in a situation at work where this is causing us problems.

HTH

--

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA