linux stored proc : cannot open shared object file: Permission denied

From: Pete Reeves <petebr_2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 09:27:35 +0100

I'm porting Pro*C libraries to linux (RH 7 Oracle 817) from working DB on Alpha box. Compiled the proc OK and verified that it's shared:

>file testproc

testproc: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386, version 1, not stripped

permissions show:
>ls -l

-rwxrwxr-x 1 51237 May 25 09:17 testproc

(Alpha permission dont have execute for shared libraries)

when called it from PL/SQL I get this:
ORA-06520: PL/SQL: Error loading external library ORA-06522: /home/pete/testproc: cannot open shared object file: Permission denied
ORA-06512: at "PETE.SF_TESTCALL", line 0

All permissions that I (and our DBA) can find are set correctly. Q: Is it linux not compiling the library properly, or is there another simple explanation? Received on Fri May 25 2001 - 03:27:35 CDT