calling external C procedure

From: Raks <nospam_rakesh.handa_at_icl.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 22:17:05 GMT

Hi,

I am trying to get Oracle 8.1.6i (sitting on server A) to create an entry in an OpenLDAP server (residing on server B).

I'm trying to call an external C procedure from within Oracle PL/SQL to do this. The call to the C library works, so this tells me listener.ora and tnsnames.ora are configured properly. However, I get the error below when the c code tries to execute a specific command within my procedure, ldap_add_s() , up to this point I have called other ldap lib functions eg. open(), and bind_s() and these have not caused an error.

The error i get is below:

ORA-28576: lost RPC connection to external procedure agent
ORA-06512: at "<name>", line <number>
ORA-06512: at line <number>

I have tested my C library (shared object xxxx.so) by including it into a standalone exe , and it runs fine

Any bright ideas ?? Received on Fri May 25 2001 - 17:17:05 CDT