Re: SDO Spatial Cartridge

From: Matthew Fuller <matthew.fuller_at_byers.com>
Date: 25 May 2001 05:10:33 -0700

Don <don_at_xxx.com> wrote in message news:<s96qgt8mg78ofie90isl5lgpro3sleboea_at_4ax.com>...
> As i understand it, Oracle Spatial Cartridge only works with
> Oracle 8i "ENTERPRISE" edition.
>
> Is this correct?
> Are there any future plans to provide SDO capability with
> Oracle 8i "STANDARD" edition?
>
> Thanks

Don,

Yes that's correct--Spatial requires EE. As far as plans to release it with Standard, I cannot comment. I have heard many rumblings that Oracle is reconsidering its pricing with 9i. Whether this has any effect on spatial licenses (or happens at all) is yet to be seen.

Matt. Received on Fri May 25 2001 - 07:10:33 CDT