RE: instance name in SQL Plus prompt?

From: bryan munday <bardy_at_MailAndNews.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 09:57:30 -0400

This works as a login.sql for VMS, can' see why similar wouldn;t wiork in Windoze:

col name new_value db_name
set term off
select name
from v$database
;
set term on
set sqlprompt '&DB_NAME.> '

Regards

BRyan

>Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
>3B0DFC51.615A694F_at_exesolutions.com...
>> "Dan A." wrote:
>>
>> > Hi - Does anyone know how to put the current instance name in the sql
 plus
>> > prompt? I'm using the windows (2000) version of sqlplus. Instead of
 the
>> > default:
>> >
>> > SQL>
>> >
>> > can it be changed to something like:
>> >
>> > TESTDB>
>> >
>> > and it would always change to whatever instance you login to?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance! -Dan
>>
>> No.
>>
>> Daniel A. Morgan

                http://MailAndNews.com

 Create a new mailbox, or access your existing IMAP4 or  POP3 mailbox from anywhere with just a web browser.