Help: PL/SQL insert and delete

From: xxx <dbadba62_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 01:53:07 GMT

We need to develop a PL/SQL of aging an table. What I do is

cursor x is select * from table A where polltime < sysdate-1; Begin
FOR y in x LOOP
insert into table B values (col1 y.col1,col2 y.col2); delete from table A where col1=y.col1;
END LOOP;
END; The problem is, sometimes, insert did not finish, while delete still can go on, cause loss some data, how can we improve the PL/SQL? Thank you for your help. Received on Thu May 24 2001 - 20:53:07 CDT