Re: UNICODE SUPPORT

From: wayne <no_at_email.please.com>
Date: 23 May 2001 20:41:23 GMT

> This is indeed one of the parameters that are unchangeable
> But export and import into a new database must do the truc .

This is not true. You can change either the character set or the national character set if the following three conditions apply:

  1. You follow the character set rules (see the NLS raference guide for what character sets can be the default character set),
  2. The DB is restarted in restricted mode, and
  3. The new character set is a superset of the current character set. You cannot change, say, from Kanji to Latin.

Since the person wants to go to UTF8 (which I think is a superset of all other character sets, I may be wrong), there shouls be no problem.

As always, do a full backup before doing this. Received on Wed May 23 2001 - 15:41:23 CDT