Re: How could I know who fires a trigger ???

From: Mark D Powell <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 23 May 2001 06:45:48 -0700

David PEYRIERES <david.peyrieres_at_meteo.fr> wrote in message news:<3B0B5EDD.52CBB6A2_at_meteo.fr>...
> Hello,
>
> I'd want to survey the transactions which occur in my database and
> precisely who are the users who fires some triggers.
> Do you have any suggestions ???
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> David PEYRIERES
> METEO FRANCE
> DP/CBD/BD Tél : 05 61 07 83 36
> Av G.Coriolis mailto: david.peyrieres_at_meteo.fr
> 31057 TOULOUSE CEDEX http://www.meteo.fr

David, if all you care about is who is issuing inserts or updates against certain tables and do not need more specific information then you might be able to use the audit command to audit activity againt specific objects by session. The built-in audit features are covered in the DBA Admin manual and the SQL manual.

Otherwise you will need to use table level triggers and store the psuedo column 'user' into an audit trail type table along with whatever other information you need such as the primary key column values etc...