Re: Pro*C books - Can anyone recommend a good pro*c book

From: Phil Haigh <phil.haigh_at_fwpharma.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 21:21:09 +0100

nathan edmunson wrote in message ...
>I have ordered ORACLE DEVELOPER'S GUIDE by McClanahan, David published
>January, 1996 does anyone know if there is a newer book or other books on
>pro*c??

There are no other books on Pro*C that I am aware of. I bought a copy of the book you mention in 1998. At that time it had just gone out of print, and Oracle Press had no plans to publish an 8i version. And, if you look at the www.oraclepress.com site - they haven't. I notice there is a **used** copy available at Amazon.com for $20.

I've not used Pro*C since shortly after I bought the book but I'm loathed to let go of it on the basis that you never know when you'll need it. I think Oracle are trying to de-emphasise the product (although they are still shipping it). Received on Wed May 23 2001 - 15:21:09 CDT