Re: Importing from a client with a different charachter set

From: Jim Gregory <Jim.Gregory_at_ncr.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 13:02:07 -0400

assuming that '8DEC is a subset of '8859P1

set your NLS_LANG environment variable ( or register setting ) on the export side and then export. Set the same thing on your import side, '8859P1, prior to your export.

e.g. on the export DB: NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8DEC;export NLS_LANG

     do the export

        on the import side: NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8DEC;export NLS_LANG
     do the import

hope this helps

--
Jim Gregory
Principal Consultant for Keane, Inc.

Opinions are my own and do not reflect those
of my employer or clients