Telecommuting and Oracle

From: Michael Rothwell <marothwell_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 12:10:42 -0700

I've been working in Oracle for years, some DBA, some development, some OAS, etc.... But I have usually been on-site. I would like to move to a more "remote" location and telecommute (pipe dream?). I have worked telecommute for a 8 month stint (special circumstances) and it worked out well. I'm currently a contractor but would consider the "right" full time position.

What I would like to know is, how do I go about finding a company that would be willing to let me work from home? Many companies seem to have the attitude of "if I cant see you at work, then you must not be working". I'm sure there are some on this NG that are doing this or know information that could help.

Thanks for any information

Michael Received on Tue May 22 2001 - 14:10:42 CDT