Re: SELECT only a few rows...

From: TurkBear <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 16:09:34 -0500

Dejanews may have several dozen answers to this, the most frequently asked question in history ( except for, maybe, what is the best OS )...

In short:
If the order of the data is not important: select * from table where rownum < 21;
If order matters:
select * from (select * from table order by whatever) where rownum < 21;