Re: Stored Procedure Examples

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 06:33:44 +0200

"John Doe" <jdoe_at_home.com> wrote in message news:sckO6.526$e6.6624_at_news1.rdc1.tx.home.com...
> I'm looking for a few good examples of stored procedures that return
> recordsets. I come from the MS world, and it looks as if Oracle handles
> recordsets very differently as return values from stored procedures. I am
> unable to locate any examples from Oracle, and a few from some publishers,
> but the examples are lacking and sort 'Hello Worldish' I am looking
> specifically for stored procedures that are accepting multiple values, but
> do not require all of them, for example;
>
> I have a table of personnel. I want to be able to pass an employee id,
> first name, and / or last name to one procedure that will find the
 personnel
> that match one, two or three of the parameters I've passed it. In MS SQL
> would use the datalength() to see if the param is null and build a string
> variable to exec(). It doesn't look like I can do this in Oracle. Help?
> am a total newbie with Oracle and need a little guidance.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Read the Oracle documentation, visit the site of Thomas Kyte, buy the book of Steven Feuerstein on Pl/sql,
but stop asking this question. It is soooo boring. The archives of comp.database.oracle.* are *flooded* with answers and examples. OK, I agree no one reads them.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Mon May 21 2001 - 23:33:44 CDT