Oracle OLE Providers Please Help

From: Jimi <Jimi_at_NOSPAM.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 15:41:29 +1000

Hi,

I am using Oracle OLE providers to access a local Oracle instance, what i was wondering is if i have to access the same instance across a network can i still use the same providers? For example these providers work really well when i try to access the instance from a webserver on the same machine, however if i try to access an instance of Oracle from a remote location using the OLE providers I can't seem to make a connection, I have checked the configuration eg. TNSNAMES etc and i can connect through SQL PLUS with no problems. I have pasted the error code & the connections string that i am using.

Sean

OraOLEDB error '80004005'

Unspecified Error

<! Connection

strConnection="PROVIDER=OraOLEDB.Oracle;DATA SOURCE=instance_name;USER ID=User;PASSWORD=Pass;PLSQLRSet=1" Received on Mon May 21 2001 - 00:41:29 CDT