Re: Oracle8i 8.1.7 does not start when rebooting Windows 2000 Server

From: Vincent <vgg_at_free.fr>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 07:10:58 GMT

I had the same problem but it was because I was using Active Directory on

my Server...(hotline said it doesn't work, I dont' know why, and if I start

manually with and svrmgrl...it works...)...

By the way, the Oracle service always says it was started....(but the

database isn't in fact)

Has someone a database and active directory on the same machine

(I know it's not a good idea but It would be surprising that I'm

the only one who have little customers who don't want (and neither can't )

having two servers... ?

In funny things whith Oracle 8.1.7 and windows 2000, be careful whith the

fact that nothing works in terminal service session...(even starting

the listener, which is a command line in a dos command prompt sesion..but

stopping works....God's know why)