Oracle Pricing Query

From: Jan <janekczekajNOSPAM_at_ic24.net>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 00:36:24 +0100

Hi,

Can someone give me some info on the cost of Oracle's products currently? I ma fihnding it difficult ot get somep rices and, having been on the site, I am a bit ocnfused by the model they use so:

Can someone....

  1. What, on average, is the software cost of the 8i and 9i Oracle suites? By this, I mean to simply buy the software? or does Oracle have a more convuluted model in place?
  2. I notice there is a user and/or CPU licencing info on the Oracle site - can someone point me to a good resource on Oracle licencing or perhaps a quick overview here?

I cannot appear to find any info on a site licence but simply a cost on a per user connection? Is this how it works with Oracle so, in the case of a 10,000 company, you have ot buy 10,000 licences.

Sorry if this sounds naive,

Jan. Received on Sun May 20 2001 - 18:36:24 CDT