Re: Co-operative FAQ

From: john gallet <john.gallet_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 09:51:29 GMT

Hi there,

I maintain the online FAQ for the French PHP newsgroup (fr.comp.infosystemes.www.auteurs.php) whenenever I get some time. It's been online for a year and a half now, and is read/downloaded some 50-100 times a day. I got back feedback from readers less than 10 times (asking for precisions or reporting an error). A FAQ is, IMHO, always useful.

> Does this bear out the suggestion from Sybrand (I think)
> that people who ask the FAQs are exactly the people
> who wouldn't bother to read the FAQ, or is there really
> no need for the effort.

Well, I like this fortune :

> les seuls qui lisent les FAQs sont ceux qui savent déjà ce qu'il
> y a dedans.
> -+- AT in: Guide du Cabaliste Usenet - chapitre 4 -+-

(Only those who already know what's in the FAQs read them)

Yours sincerely,
John Gallet Received on Fri May 18 2001 - 04:51:29 CDT