plsql: reading from console...???

From: Stefan Schubert <stefan.schubert_at_itec-koeln.de>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 14:34:34 +0200

Hi there,

I need to read users input on a console from plsql. Something like:

"This will do .... Continue Y/N?"
"> _"

My books doesn't show any example.

I tried DBMS_OUTPUT.GET_LINE but this just swollowed the line I produced by ...PUT_LINE and didn't showed and prompt.

Can you help me?

Thanks

Stefan

i\tec Gesellschaft für Informationsmanagement mbH
Oberländer Ufer 190a - 50968 Köln

Mitglied von KPMG International

Stefan Schubert - Berater - Dipl.-Inform.

Fon: +49 (0)221 93724-18
Fax: +49 (0)221 93724-50
Mail: Stefan.Schubert_at_itec-koeln.de
Web: http://www.itec-koeln.de