Re: Quesry question

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 11:30:39 -0400

A copy of this was sent to "Cyb3rPunk" <a.merola_at_inwind.it> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Fri, 18 May 2001 12:13:09 +0200, you wrote:

>Hiya all!
>
>I have a quesry question...
>
>On my MS SQL server I have made this query:
>
>Select TOP 10 * from <table>
>and it returns the first 10 results (in the resultset) of the query..
>
>Now I have the same DB on Oracle 8i, but the query doesn't work because it
>seems not to accept the "TOP 10" instruction.
>
>Can someone help me?

  1 select *
  2 from ( select ename, sal from emp order by sal desc )   3* where rownum <= 10
scott_at_ORA8I.WORLD> /

ENAME SAL
---------- ----------

KING             5000
SCOTT            3000
FORD             3000
JONES            2975
BLAKE            2850
CLARK            2450
ALLEN            1600
TURNER           1500
MILLER           1300
WARD             1250

10 rows selected.

--
Thomas Kyte (tkyte_at_us.oracle.com) Oracle Service Industries
Howtos and such: http://asktom.oracle.com/