Help with Rollback Segment Cannot be Extended workaround.

From: Anon <empty_at_noone.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 08:33:06 -0400

I have a large script to run that updates data in many rows. I get the error that the rollback segment cannot be exteneded. Does anyone know how to get around this? Is there a way to have the changes comitted automatically so no rollback segment is needed?

The easy way would be to make the rollback segments auto-extend to an unlimited size. I am at a customers site and making changes to the production system is very difficult and I only need it for this one operation.
Oracle seems to be running OK with no problems. I just need to make this one-time data conversion and I will be finished. I am curently running the script from Sql Plus and the database is Oracle 8.0.5.

Don Received on Thu May 17 2001 - 07:33:06 CDT