ORA-12570: TNS:packet reader failure

From: <cprank_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 22:56:37 -0400

I've tried installing 8.1.5 several times on a WIN2000 server and have continued to run into a TNS packet reader failure ERROR. This happens when the database config assistant is starting the instance for the typical install database.

I have verified service name, sid, listener settings via .ora files and net8 assistant. I have set via command line oracle_sid=orcl.

The services for 'orcl' and the default listener start with no problem, but when I try a db connection test via net8 assistant will not work and connection attempts via SQL*Plus yield the same 12570 error.

Any help would be appreciated.

Charlie_db_down_trodden Received on Thu May 17 2001 - 21:56:37 CDT