Re: SQL*Loader Problem - NULLs and double quotes

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 22:07:49 -0700

<snipped>

> The problem is that the quotes are being *added* to the field by SQL*Loader. I
> start with data that looks like this...
> SKU<TAB>ProductName<TAB>BulletDescription
> JERAUTANA-H<TAB>Anaheim Angels Authentic Home Jersey<TAB>8" x 11" photo
>
> When the data is loaded, I get the BulletDescription with quotes around it
> like this:
> "8"" x 11"" photo"

No. Actually the quotes are being added by the fact that the data you are attempting to load is garbage.

My suggestion would be to have SQL*Loader dump this junk into a temporary table then write a stored procedure to clean up the mess and distribute the records to their final location.

Provided, of course, you can't get whoever is creating this to output the records properly formatted which is the underlying problem.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Thu May 17 2001 - 00:07:49 CDT