Re: Translate with Update

From: Patrick Sinke <patrick.sinke_at_capgemini.nl>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 16:30:20 +0200

I think it's time to start reading some SQL books!

You are selecting from the table and that is quite different from updating a table.

I would try
update myTable
set col_name = translate( ... );

Mind you that this will cause dummy-updates on all records, and not just updates on "invalid" records.

Regards,

Patrick Sinke.

Sonja Barton <sbarton_at_starband.net> schreef in berichtnieuws jKuM6.1132$XE.555120700_at_twister1.starband.net...