Translate with Update

From: Sonja Barton <sbarton_at_starband.net>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 12:52:31 GMT

Hi,

I have several records in a db that contain illegal characters. SELECT TRANSLATE(col_name, '/-', '_') from myTable;

does appear to replace all the "/" and "-" with "_".

But, when I perform a select * from myTable, all the illegal chars are still there.

So, I'm thinking I need to combine the translate with an update, but can't figure out the syntax.

Help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Sonja Received on Wed May 16 2001 - 07:52:31 CDT