Re: Oracle Stored Procedures

From: Knut Talman <knut.talman_at_mytoys.de>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 14:55:23 +0200

> one more question.
> when you define a trigger, as far as I understand, you have to operate on
> the table itself (please correct if i'm wrong).
> that makes a trigger a static rule associated with a table.
> how if I want that trigger to be configurable?
> for instance, I set my trigger to fire whenever the field salary gets an
> increase of += 20%. after some time i want to change that value to 15%
> without operating directly on the db.
> Can I do that?
> if so, how?

No idea. How should the trigger "know" at what value it has to fire when you don't want to touch the database? The only suggestion I have is to enter the value in a parameter table and let the trigger query that table. But that will definitly cost performance.

Regards,

Knut Received on Wed May 16 2001 - 07:55:23 CDT