Re: two-task error

From: Spencer <spencerp_at_swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 22:15:50 -0500

on HP-UX and Solaris (and other unix as far as i know), the environment variable TWO_TASK is used by oracle to specify the default database connection string to use when connect string is supplied.

e.g.

export TWO_TASK=orcl.mydomain

the tnsnames.ora file (in the network/admin directory) should contain an entry for orcl.mydomain, pointing to the correct host, port and service_name (8.1+) or sid (pre-8.1).

HTH if you are getting an error message from Oracle, there should be an ORA-nnnnn message identifier. please provide this error number, and the exact error message when requesting assistance.