Re: Call PL/SQL procedure from sqlplus on HP Unix

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 23:11:17 -0700

Dina Ghatit wrote:

> I'm trying to call an pl/sql procedure from sqlplus on HP unix.
>
> I try the execute command
> sqlplus << EOF
> sapadm/sapadm2001_at_fwdev
> VARIABLE id NUMBER
> execute-
> :id := SAPADM. SAP_I0040_WIP_QTY_BALANCE;
> echo 'id' >> file
>
> It does not work?
> Can anyone help?

Perhaps because you never opened a book on PL/SQL or SQL*Plus.

I strongly suggest that you do so.

I have run tens of thousands of SQL statements on HP/UX and Solaris servers from SQL*Plus and never once seen syntax even remotely resembling the above.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Wed May 16 2001 - 01:11:17 CDT