Re: grant specific

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 23:14:50 -0700

zimzo wrote:

> hmm, i think this is it:
> grant CREATE SESSION to PRACTICE;
>
> and how do i put in all the practice tables from the cd like in a start-file
> so that they are there everytime practice wants to log on??

I think you need to start buy spending a few dollars and buying a book on Oracle and PL/SQL. The questions you are asking are right at the top of the list of Oracle Beginner 100 curriculum.

You need to create a user which requires knowing how to do this and knowing the names of the data and temp tablespaces.
You need to grant privileges to that user. You need to run SQL to create the tables. And you definitely will be totally lost from that point forward if you don't have a good resource book.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Wed May 16 2001 - 01:14:50 CDT