Re: My install is missing Pro*C - how do I get it?

From: Spencer <spencerp_at_swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 22:00:33 -0500

the Pro*C/C++ precompiler is included as a component of "Oracle Programmer". The software is included on the Oracle server CDs.

IMPORTANT NOTE: although the software is on the server CDs, the database license does not cover the use of the precompiler. you must purchase a separate named-user license for "Oracle Progammer".

Just re-run the installer, choose custom, find the correct component, select it, and install.

(note: it's probably a good idea to shutdown any running database instances before you run the installer again.)

you'll need to expand the high level options in order to locate the Pro*C/C++ precompiler... it'll be listed under "Development Tools" or "Programmer Tools" or some thing like that.